Welcome to Fashion Plate

You've found the home of my fabulous hand-sewn retro Barbie fashions and delectable recipes from my cookbooks, Chocolate Crimes and Five Step to Chocolate Rehab.



Monday, September 24, 2012

Chocolate Macaroon Muffins


Who said chocolate wasn’t a breakfast food?

filling
Combine:

1 cup coconut
¼ cup condensed milk
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract

Set aside.

muffins
Combine:

2 cups flour
½ cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoon cocoa
3 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Set aside. Combine

1 cup milk
1 egg
⅓ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter into each muffins cup. Add 2 teaspoon filling, but do not spread. Top with remaining batter. Bake at 400˚ for 20-22 minutes. Makes 12

I could have used some of these chocolate bombs this morning.  I've been fighting a cold for the past few days and I need some real power to get me going.  I just hope this sinus business doesn't spread to all the Barbie Nation.  I am in no mood to take care of seven prima donnas.
Annette looks like she escaped from a chocolate shop today.  Her tiny dot cotton dress is accented by a contrasting yellow collar and detachable apron.  If she could cook the way she looks...

No comments:

Post a Comment