Welcome to Fashion Plate

You've found the home of my fabulous hand-sewn retro Barbie fashions and delectable recipes from my cookbooks, Chocolate Crimes and Five Step to Chocolate Rehab.



Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Orange Julius

It is sooo hot here in the Barbie Nation...104 yesterday.  I can't get excited about heating up the kitchen, so I thought I'd pass along the refreshing blast from my past in Houston, the Orange Julius.



In a blender, combine:
cup frozen orange juice concentrate
½ cup milk
½ cup water
½ teaspoon vanilla
6 ice cubes
½ cup confectioners’ sugar

Blend until smooth.  This makes 4 small servings.

Ginger is off on a business trip for Hip Chic Magazine.  Although it is sweltering, it is time to shoot some fall fashions.  The stores are selling off the summer leftovers and we'll be gazing at sweaters before you know it.
Christmas can't be far behind because all the holiday decorations are out at the craft store.  I have purchased my Christmas cards and started shopping.  After all, I do have the entire Barbie Nation to shop for.

No comments:

Post a Comment