Welcome to Fashion Plate

You've found the home of my fabulous hand-sewn retro Barbie fashions and delectable recipes from my cookbooks, Chocolate Crimes and Five Step to Chocolate Rehab.



Monday, August 6, 2012

Urban Legend Cookies


Without the help of Neiman-Marcus, $1000 or any other device, this delicious cookie has made it into mainstream America. It is less buttery than a chocolate chip, but chewier than an oatmeal.  I like it because you can load it with your favorite add-ins.

Cream:

2 cups (four sticks) butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups granulated sugar

Add:

4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Add:

5 cups oatmeal that has been processed in blender

Let set one hour. Add:

4 cups flour
2 teaspoons soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Stir in:

24 ounces milk chocolate chips

Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes at 375°.  Makes about 10 dozen cookies. You can halve the recipe.

For another option, add:

2 cups semi-sweet chips
12 ounces white chips
10 ounces toffee bits


I made these cookies yesterday at the ranch.  I didn't have too much time, so I made a half batch.  I used mini semi-sweet chips and toffee bits as my ad-ins.  Yum! I skipped processing the oatmeal and they were still delicious.
Veronica is taking some of the cookies to work today. One of her co-workers is retiring, so they are having a little party at the travel agency. While the rest of her office is dreaming of vacations, Veronica's mind is filled with ideas for her novel.  She's had been diligently typing away for the last month...three chapters so far.  She has used endless stacks of carbon paper and one small jar of White Out.  Oh well, it is either that or long-hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment