Welcome to Fashion Plate

You've found the home of my fabulous hand-sewn retro Barbie fashions and delectable recipes from my cookbooks, Chocolate Crimes and Five Step to Chocolate Rehab.



Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Butterscotch Gingermen Cookies

If ginger is not your favorite flavor, try this delicious butterscotch version of the traditional holiday treat.

butterscotch gingermen cookies

1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 cup brown sugar
(2) 3.4 ounce packages instant butterscotch pudding
Cream butter, sugar and pudding.  Add:
2 eggs
Beat until combined.  Than add:
3 cups flour
1  teaspoon ginger (optional)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon

I had no trouble rolling this dough, but if it seems sticky, just chill for 30 minutes.  Sprinkle the counter with confectioners' sugar.  Divide the dough into thirds and roll to 1/4-inch thickness, using more confectioner's sugar to keep from sticking.

  I used a 3 1/2 -inch gingerbread man cookie cutter.  It made 55 cookies.


I inverted butterscotch chips to serve as buttons after I saw how menacing the upright chips looked.


Bake the cookies on parchment paper at 350 degrees for 9 minutes.  Cool on cookie sheet and gently peel away from parchment.

Yummy, chewy goodness.  If you like your cookies on the crisp side, let them bake for about another 1 1/2 minutes.
I realize that I have failed to include the Barbie Nation in the last few posts. I'm chalking it up to the holidays. Betty is loving her new job as the weather girl.  Today she is headed out on a PR mission to judge a gingerbread house competition.  She looks as cute as any gingerman I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment