Welcome to Fashion Plate

You've found the home of my fabulous hand-sewn retro Barbie fashions and delectable recipes from my cookbooks, Chocolate Crimes and Five Step to Chocolate Rehab.



Monday, October 10, 2011

Maryann's Country Wedding


Maryann should have been more careful when she selected her bridesmaids, Veronica and Betty.  They kept arguing and falling over during the photo shoot.  I'm not sure whether they were intoxicated or just trying to upstage the bride. Here's hoping the actual wedding will go more smoothly. Oh well, on to the cake!
I love weddings and wedding cakes, but I get a little cross when I get something besides the TRADITIONAL white cake.  When I get the craving, I can make just one little pan for myself, or triple the recipe for a group. (Page 48 Chocolate Rehab)

Cream the butter and sugar.
¾ cup (one and a half sticks) butter
1 cup granulated sugar
Add flour and baking powder alternating with milk
1¾ cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup milk
Add extract and zest.
1 teaspoon almond extract
zest of one lemon
Fold in egg whites.
3 egg whites, beaten stiff

Bake in a greased 8 inch round pan with 2 inch deep sides at 350° for 48 minutes. This requires a pan with higher than normal sides when baking one layer. Double recipe for 3 layer cake using regular size 8 inch round pans, bake 43 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment