Welcome to Fashion Plate

You've found the home of my fabulous hand-sewn retro Barbie fashions and delectable recipes from my cookbooks, Chocolate Crimes and Five Step to Chocolate Rehab.



Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or Mice Krispie Treats

mice krispie treats
Recipe:
(2) 4.4 ounce boxes Ovation Dark Chocolate Covered Orange Sticks (available in Texas at HEB)*
Unwrap candy and place in freezer for several hours. Then chop in the food processor. Return to the freezer until needed.
6 tablespoons butter
21 ounces mini marshmallows (2 bags)
Place in an 8 quart bowl! This expands like crazy when you cook it. Microwave for about 90 seconds and stir until smooth. Add Jello and stir.
6 ounces (one box) orange Jell-o
Stir in the rice cereal.
12 cups Rice Krispies
Add chopped chocolate/orange candy.
zest of two oranges, finely grated
Mix well.
Spread in greased cookie sheet (13x18) with sides. Roll the top with a rolling pin to spread evenly. Allow to sit for two hours until firm. Cut in desired shapes. I made the wedges by cutting rectangles in half on the diagonal.
Icing, optional
12 ounces white chocolate morsels
1/3 cup heavy cream
Heat in microwave for 40 seconds. Stir until smooth. Do NOT overheat or your chocolate will burn. Add:
1 drop orange food coloring
1/4 teaspoon orange oil or extract
Spoon over "cheese" wedges and top with plastic mice. (The mice came from Target...8 to a package and they feel really creepy and stretchy. Yes, I did wash them before I put them on the cheese. I made some mice krispies and cut the rest into 1-inch squares. I topped the squares with a corn candy and secured them with a dot of my icing. Allow the icing to set for about two hours. Store in airtight container.
* If you can't find the candy sticks, I have also used Lindt orange chocolate bars.  I used three bars and broke them into sections before I froze them.  Then I chopped in the processor as per the sticks.

Sweet Maryann is filling in for me this Halloween, as I have been held captive in bed with a fever, cough and cold. Hope to be back on my feet soon.  Happy Halloween!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment