Welcome to Fashion Plate

You've found the home of my fabulous hand-sewn retro Barbie fashions and delectable recipes from my cookbooks, Chocolate Crimes and Five Step to Chocolate Rehab.



Friday, November 18, 2011

Brandied Cranberries

brandied cranberries
A.J.’s sister, Joan, brought this for Thanksgiving one year and it has become a favorite. I have made a few changes to the original recipe, but it is a winner.  I make this in big batches and freeze it to last through the year.  It is great with any type of poultry.

1 pkg. fresh or frozen cranberries (16 ounces)
2 cups sugar (yes, the berries are VERY tart!)
1/3 cup brandy (I used cherry brandy on the last batch.)
¼ cup orange juice
orange zest from one orange

Mix in 9x13 pan. Bake at 350˚ for one hour. Stir every 15 minutes.  Chill overnight.
I make 64 ounces of cranberries at a time and cook in a 12x18x2 pan.  I've tried reducing the sugar in the larger batches, but you really need this much or it is very bitter.
Lucy is listening to her 45's and packing for her trip home.  Her mean cat, Ethel, is going to the Vet's for the holiday because no one will volunteer to feed the vicious beast . 

No comments:

Post a Comment