Welcome to Fashion Plate

You've found the home of my fabulous hand-sewn retro Barbie fashions and delectable recipes from my cookbooks, Chocolate Crimes and Five Step to Chocolate Rehab.



Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Veronica's Sausage Stuffing

I have to admit, I spent my first twelve years in New England, where stuffing was dry crumbly stuff.  It wasn't until I moved to Texas that I discovered "wet" stuffing.  This recipe evolved from my husband's Thanksgiving dinner tradition. 

sausage stuffing

1 small onion, chopped
2 sticks celery, chopped
¼ cup butter
Sauté in butter until tender

12 ounces light pork sausage, cooked and drained
8 ounces herb dressing (Pepperidge Farm)
8 ounces cornbread dressing
2 cups giblet liquid, cooked with vegetable bouillon

Mix all ingredients together and bake in casserole at 350° for 30minutes.  You may add more liquid as needed depending on whether you like a wet or drier stuffing.

Veronica has selected her one-piece palazzo pants for cooking up a Thanksgiving storm.  Conveniently, it comes with an expandable belt to compensate for those extra five pounds that miraculously appear between Turkey Day and New Years. She is spending Thanksgiving with her parents, Mary Nell and Beau.  You can just be that table will be brimming with Southern tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment