Welcome to Fashion Plate

You've found the home of my fabulous hand-sewn retro Barbie fashions and delectable recipes from my cookbooks, Chocolate Crimes and Five Step to Chocolate Rehab.



Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie

I think I could live on these.  They are the all time favorite for me and my husband. I have eliminated the bottom crust, so I'm sure they are much lower in calories...and all those vegetables are good for you!

6 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons  Wondra flour

Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Slowly add the broth, cream, pepper, pepper flakes and salt to taste. Cook for 5 minutes, until thickened and smooth.

2 cups chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
salt

4 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cut into large chunks

Put the chicken pieces in a 9x13 casserole, cover with sauce, and stir in the vegetables.

3/4 cup peas, cooked
1/2 cup carrots, cooked
¾ cup green beans, cooked
1 yellow onion, chopped and sautéd
season vegetalbe to taste

1 9-inch pie crust

Preheat the oven to 425°. Slightly roll the prepared pie crust to enlarge and place over the casserole, allowing
enough overhang so that the edges can be crimped. Cut vents in the crust to allow the steam to escape. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is nicely browned.

This will also work if you want to make mini pies.  You will just need several additional pie cursts.Bake individual pies at 375˚ for 20-25 minutes.  If frozen bake 45 minutes.

As busy as she is, Maryann is taking time to deliver a pot pie to her new neighbors. Glad I have a few mini pies in the freezer.  Just reading the recipe makes me hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment